Stuff I learned about feminism in the Philippine context over the past few months:
1) I will not use the #EveryWoman hashtag when I deliberately do it to gain sympathy and to avoid answering for my faults/crimes/stupidity.
2) I will not cry #Misogyny when my enemy fights back (with facts).
3) I will honor the relationships/marriages of men I like and will not succumb to the #FrailtiesOfAWoman.
4) I will research more about the cultural context before backbiting him when my boss announces to an audience that I have #SmoothKnees.
5) I will admit I have smooth knees and get down to work instead of continuing to use my #PseudoFeminism banner.
6) I will not hide behind the #CloakOfReligion and let myself be called a saint or the Virgin when clearly I'm not.
1) I will not use the #EveryWoman hashtag when I deliberately do it to gain sympathy and to avoid answering for my faults/crimes/stupidity.
2) I will not cry #Misogyny when my enemy fights back (with facts).
3) I will honor the relationships/marriages of men I like and will not succumb to the #FrailtiesOfAWoman.
4) I will research more about the cultural context before backbiting him when my boss announces to an audience that I have #SmoothKnees.
5) I will admit I have smooth knees and get down to work instead of continuing to use my #PseudoFeminism banner.
6) I will not hide behind the #CloakOfReligion and let myself be called a saint or the Virgin when clearly I'm not.
What about you? What did you learn?

No comments:
Post a Comment